Trellis Rx is a technology-enabled service provider that partners with health systems to fund, build, and operate world-class specialty pharmacies on their behalf, with their brand. Trellis enables health systems to deliver enhanced experiences and outcomes by helping them offer concierge-level clinical and administrative support to patients throughout their course of therapy. We believe pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are critical additions to the care team and that an exceptional pharmacy team makes superior results possible.
Trellis is seeking proven leaders to help build and operate world class specialty pharmacy programs for our clients. This person is Trellis’ most senior leader of a client program, responsible for ensuring that all clinical, operational, and financial goals are met.
We are currently seeking candidates for multiple U.S. locations. Relocation assistance available.
You would be responsible for:
- Developing goals, strategies, and tactics to ensure ongoing customer success. This will include helping our customers grow their specialty pharmacy program and ensuring that their program operates profitably.
- Building, developing, and inspiring the onsite team of clinicians, liaisons, technicians, and other staff to outperform targets and create high patient and provider satisfaction. All Trellis-employed pharmacy and clinical staff (e.g. hematology-oncology, rheumatology, gastroenterology, endocrine, dermatology, and transplant) will operate under your leadership. You will be charged with developing Trellis culture at the client site – bridging any gaps between Trellis’ cultural norms and our customer’s norms and values.
- Owning the relationship between Trellis and our health system customers’ pharmacy and executive leadership teams
- Managing external relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers and third-party payors on behalf of our customers, including overseeing compliance of limited distribution drug and specialty pharmacy network contracts
- Discrete project management. You will be expected to identify and engage key stakeholders; plan, develop, and execute the project; and lead change through all levels of the organization towards timely completion.
- Forecasting specialty pharmacy operating plans. This will require identifying needs, assisting in financial assessments, negotiating price and value, and managing requests and purchases.
Here’s what we’d like to offer to you:
- The chance to develop professionally and personally, as an early hire at a fast growing, well-funded healthcare startup
- A driver's seat position transforming how specialty pharmacy services are delivered to the most complex patients, to improve their overall experience and outcomes
- A platform to meaningfully leverage and further develop your (healthcare) operations, leadership, and management skills, working alongside our senior leadership and premier health system customers
- An opportunity to help shape our growing team and mentor future leaders at Trellis and our clients alike
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
- Generous benefits package including:
- Health, Dental & Vision that are effective on day one of employment
- 401K with company match
- 6 weeks of post-pregnancy leave (100% of pay) after 12 months of employment (total of 12 weeks combined with parental-bonding leave at 100% of pay)
- 6 weeks of parental-bonding leave (100% of pay) after 12 month of employment
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off plus holidays and bereavement leave
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts (retail, hotels, food, restaurants, car rentals, and much more)
We are excited to speak with someone who has:
- Experience managing and successfully executing complex projects (preferably in a hospital setting), while working with diverse stakeholders
- Proven leadership in a specialty pharmacy, health system, or managed care setting with a track record of transforming ideas into measurable operational changes
- Influence and people management skills demonstrated by high team satisfaction and customer satisfaction scores
- Been responsible for and successfully managed their own P&L
- Clear and effective communication skills and comfort engaging all levels inside and outside the organization
- A proactive approach to problem solving, working quickly with attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent project management skills and process development know-how (using IHI, A3, process mapping, lean six sigma etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy, at a minimum. Advanced degree or Board Certification (e.g. PharmD, M.S., Board Certification in a sub specialty) preferred
And bonus points if you have a couple of these, too:
- Experience in a start-up company or early stage health care environment
- Experience leading various disciplines and levels of clinical professionals
- Experience starting and / or running a specialty pharmacy at a health system
- Proficiency with standard software used in a healthcare setting such as EMR systems (e.g., EPIC, Cerner, Meditech), dispensing systems (e.g., QS1, RX30, Computer Rx)
- An advanced degree in healthcare-related field or business administration