Accreditation: Pharmacy Technicians
This CE activity is jointly provided by ProCE, LLC. and Trellis Rx. ProCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0221-9999-21-283-L04-T has been assigned to this live knowledge-based CE activity (initial release date 12-14-2021). This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) in states that recognize ACPE providers. Completion of the evaluation and the post-test are required to receive CE credit. Proof of completion will be posted in NABP CPE Monitor profiles. No partial credit will be given.
Patients with chronic conditions who require specialty medications require a high level of coordination and support to manage therapy regimens. Pharmacy technicians embedded in health system outpatient clinics are strongly-positioned to help improve patient outcomes by addressing common barriers to adherence and proactively connecting patients to pharmacists for education and support.
In this CE webinar, pharmacy technicians currently practicing in the health system specialty pharmacy setting will discuss:
- The day-to-day responsibilities of a specialty pharmacy liaison
- How specialty pharmacy liaisons interact with and support patients, pharmacists, and other providers
- Impact specialty pharmacy liaisons have on medication access, adherence, and patient outcomes
After attending this webinar, pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- List the day-to-day activities and responsibilities of health system specialty pharmacy liaisons
- Explain how specialty pharmacy liaisons interact with patients and providers
- List examples of how health system specialty pharmacy liaisons can improve therapy access, minimize safety issues and promote medication adherence
- Explain how to best prepare for career opportunities in health system specialty pharmacy services, including what credentials are needed and why
The presentation will be moderated by Thomas Fenstermacher, CPhT-Adv, CSPT, CPTM, Training Manager at Trellis Rx.
- Samantha Goff, CPhT, Specialty Pharmacy Liaison, Trellis Rx
- Ray Howard, CPhT, Advance Team Liaison, Trellis Rx
- Sarah Mehaffey, CPhT, Advance Team Liaison, Trellis Rx
- Christa Pratt, CPhT, Pharmacy Liaison, Trellis Rx