Health systems continue to face challenges helping their patients with medication therapy adherence due to the high drug costs, lengthy wait periods in filling prescriptions, or confusing treatment regimens.
Together with Trellis Rx, Mission Health placed pharmacists and patient liaisons directly in their specialty pharmacies to work side-by-side with physicians and staff. Doing so drove the highest possible patient engagement and created revenue to support patient care programs, with the following results:
- 100% completion rate for Hepatitis C therapy
- $19.40 average copay in oncology
- $1.4 million in patient co-payment savings in the first ten months
For the health system
- $30 million in annualized incremental revenue
- $42 million in incremental opportunity from limited distribution drugs in the first year