This CE activity is jointly provided by ProCE, LLC. and Trellis Rx. ProCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0221-9999-21-080-L04-P has been assigned to this live knowledge-based CE activity (initial release date 3-30-2021). This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) in states that recognize ACPE providers. Completion of the evaluation and the post-test are required to receive CE credit. Proof of completion will be posted in NABP CPE Monitor profiles. No partial credit will be given.
As more hospitals and health systems offer integrated specialty pharmacy services, many pharmacists are looking for insights about how to build a career as specialty pharmacists in the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
In this one-hour continuing education panel discussion, four specialty pharmacists will draw on their professional journeys and experiences to share recommendations about how pharmacists can position themselves to break into or accelerate their growth in the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
Topics we will cover include:
- Key characteristics, experiences, and skills needed to succeed as a specialty pharmacist in the hospital and health system outpatient setting
- How experiences in other practice settings can translate to the hospital and health system outpatient setting
- Strategies to position yourself for hospital and health system specialty pharmacist job opportunities
- Recommendations on how specialty pharmacists can accelerate career growth and professional development
Moderator: Denali Cahoon, PharmD, Chief Operating Officer, Trellis Rx
- Brandon Newman, PharmD, MMHC, Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Trellis Rx
- Casey Ross, PharmD, MBA, Clinical Operations Manager – Southern Ohio Medical Center, Trellis Rx
- Jason Trocki, PharmD, Director of Customer Success, Trellis Rx
- Suprina Patel, PharmD, Autoimmune Clinical Pharmacist, Trellis Rx
- Summarize the differences and similarities between the hospital and health system outpatient setting and other practice settings
- List characteristics, experiences, and skills needed to succeed as a specialty pharmacist in the hospital and health system setting
- Discuss career paths in the health system specialty pharmacy space
- Outline the components of a professional development plan to support career growth in the health system specialty pharmacy space