Trellis Rx PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy at Southern Ohio Medical Center
Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) is a 248-bed not-for-profit health system in Portsmouth, Ohio. SOMC launched its URAC-accredited specialty pharmacy service in partnership with Trellis Rx in 2018, and today locally-embedded pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons provide high-touch support to patients across eight specialties.
Practice on the Leading Edge of Specialty Pharmacy
As a Trellis Rx specialty pharmacy resident at SOMC, you’ll have a unique opportunity to be part of an integrated care team focused on enhancing patient outcomes. Our rotations are designed to give you strong clinical management experience, caring for patients with chronic and complex diseases in the health system setting.
Direct access to SOMC’s EHR and providers will enable you to practice at the top of your license. Plus, opportunities to collaborate with Trellis Rx pharmacy leaders at SOMC and across the country will offer experiences in program management, clinical research, and other areas of interest to you.
Clinical rotations at SOMC build your expertise managing high-risk patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart failure, while also allowing you to practice in traditional specialty areas like neurology and infectious disease.
The program includes core rotations focused on chronic disease management and specialty pharmacy, and elective rotations focused on areas of your choice.
Chronic Disease Management Core Rotations
Specialty Pharmacy Core Rotations
Elective Rotation Options
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
Throughout our specialty pharmacy residency program, you’ll have plenty of additional opportunities for professional development and growth:
- Earn a teaching certificate
- Conduct and present outcomes research
- Elevate career with professional development
- Attend conferences, such as the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, NASP, and local residency conferences
- Participate in Trellis Rx case presentations and journal clubs
- Be mentored by experienced specialty pharmacy leaders at Trellis Rx
To build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community‐based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills who are eligible to pursue advanced training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY2) residencies and professional certifications.
- Residents will be required to gain experience by serving as an on-call pharmacist per company-wide policy
- Retail pharmacy staffing requirements are location-dependent
Trellis Rx’s excellent benefits package includes:
- Competitive stipend
- Generous paid time off plus holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Funding to participate in two conferences
Ready to grow your career with us?
Apply on PhORCAS today.