Trellis Rx PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy at Summa Health
Summa Health is an integrated delivery network in Akron, Ohio. Summa Health launched its ACHC-accredited specialty pharmacy service in partnership with Trellis Rx in 2019, and today locally-embedded pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons provide high-touch support to patients across more than 20 clinics.
Practice on the Leading Edge of Specialty Pharmacy
As a Trellis Rx resident at Summa Health, you’ll have a unique opportunity to be part of an integrated care team focused on enhancing patient outcomes. Our rotations are designed to give you strong clinical management experience caring for patients across multiple specialty areas, while also allowing you to learn about health system specialty pharmacy operations.
Direct access to Summa Health’s EHR and providers will enable you to practice at the top of your license. Plus, opportunities to collaborate with Trellis Rx pharmacy leaders at Summa Health and across the country will offer experiences in program management, clinical research, and other areas of interest to you.
Clinical rotations at Summa Health build expertise initiating and managing therapy for patients with complex or chronic conditions.
The program includes core rotations focused on specialty pharmacy and elective rotations focused on areas of your choice. Each rotation is five weeks long.
Specialty Pharmacy Core Rotations
Elective Rotation Options
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
Throughout our residency program, you’ll have plenty of additional opportunities for professional development and growth:
- Earn a teaching certificate from Marshall School of Pharmacy
- Conduct and present outcomes research
- Attend conferences, such as the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, the Great Lakes Resident Conference, and the Ohio Pharmacy Residency Conference (OPRC)
- Participate in Trellis Rx case presentations and journal clubs
- Be mentored by experienced specialty pharmacy leaders at Trellis Rx
- You’ll serve as the first on-call pharmacist every four weeks. Retail pharmacy staffing requirements are location-dependent.
Trellis Rx’s excellent benefits package includes:
- Competitive stipend
- Generous paid time off plus holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Funding to participate in two conferences
Ready to grow your career with us?
Apply on PhORCAS today.