Trellis Rx PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy at Summa Health
Summa Health is an integrated delivery network in Akron, Ohio. Summa Health launched its ACHC and URAC-accredited specialty pharmacy service in partnership with Trellis Rx in 2019, and today locally-embedded pharmacists and pharmacy liaisons provide high-touch support to patients across more than 20 clinics.
Practice on the Leading Edge of Specialty Pharmacy
As a Trellis Rx resident at Summa Health, you’ll have a unique opportunity to be part of an integrated care team focused on enhancing patient outcomes. Our rotations are designed to give you strong clinical management experience caring for patients across multiple specialty areas, while also allowing you to learn about health system specialty pharmacy operations.
Direct access to Summa Health’s EHR and providers will enable you to practice at the top of your license. Plus, opportunities to collaborate with Trellis Rx pharmacy leaders at Summa Health and across the country will offer experiences in program management, clinical research, and other areas of interest to you.
Clinical rotations at Summa Health build expertise initiating and managing therapy for patients with complex or chronic conditions.
The program includes core rotations focused on specialty pharmacy and elective rotations focused on areas of your choice.
Specialty Pharmacy Core Rotations
Elective Rotation Options
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
Throughout our residency program, you’ll have plenty of additional opportunities for professional development and growth:
- Earn a teaching certificate
- Conduct and present outcomes research
- Elevate career with professional development
- Attend conferences, such as the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, NASP, and local residency conferences
- Participate in Trellis Rx case presentations and journal clubs
- Be mentored by experienced specialty pharmacy leaders at Trellis Rx
- Residents will be required to gain experience by serving as an on-call pharmacist per company-wide policy
- Retail pharmacy staffing requirements are location-dependent
Trellis Rx’s excellent benefits package includes:
- Competitive stipend
- Generous paid time off plus holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Funding to participate in two conferences
Ready to grow your career with us?
Apply on PhORCAS today.